- Trip begins at predefined meeting point where guests are fitted with snorkeling gear (typically 8:30 a.m.) and meet their bilingual naturalist guide.
- We depart from the tourist pier where the boat and captain await us
- Once aboard, guide will provide orientation on whale shark and day’s activities.
- Beginner/first time snorkelers are welcome, but must be able to swim to participate in snorkeling portion of trip.
- Trip continues to secluded beach with calm water for lunch and optional swimming, hiking, snorkeling, relaxation and soul searching.
- Trip returns to La Paz around 4 p.m.
- Hotel pickup and drop off available. Departure from Costa Baja marina available.
- Los Cabos, Loreto and Todos Santos departures available. Please enquire.
- Trip runs October – April.
- Boat transportation
- Lunch and drinks (including beer)
- Snorkeling equipment (including wetsuits)
- Taxes and insurance
- Bilingual naturalist guide
- Ground transport
- , gratuities
Promoting sustainable tourism
RED’s nonprofit arm works with SEMARNAT and local service providers to train captains, guides and hoteliers on regulations and responsible practices for whale shark tourism.
Traveling Roots – Raising awareness with local youth
We can’t appreciate what we haven’t experienced. RED provides scholarships to underserved local youth to visit RED’s sea turtle research camp and learn about the importance of protecting our natural treasures
What our clients say
The most amazing day!
We would definitely do this again and highly recommend Red Travel Mexico. Overall, a once in a lifetime experience!
What a cheerful, energetic, committed group!”
Red managed to exceed our high expectations. Red will let you experience all this part of Mexico has to offer through the eyes of local specialists