Day 1 – La Paz to Magdalena Bay, Whale Watching
Your guide will meet you early in the lobby of your hotel with snacks and water. Arriving to Puerto López Mateos we check in to the hotel and have lunch before heading out into the bay in search of whales. Your guide will share their knowledge of these magnificent creatures and the story of their incredible migration. Toast the sunset from the dunes of Magdalena Island before returning to the hotel for dinner.
Meals included today: Lunch
Day 2 – Whale Watching, Magdalena Bay Exploration and Return to La Paz
Whale Watching, Magdalena Bay Exploration and Return to La Paz
After a hot breakfast we will head out in boat in search of friendly whales and then turn south through the mangrove canals, taking in the incredible untouched scenery and wildlife, with your naturalist guide interpreting along the way. We’ll take a break from our exploration to stop at a secluded beach on Magdalena Island for a picnic lunch and a hike up the sand dunes. Arriving at shore, your private transport awaits to take you back to La Paz.
Meals included today: Breakfast, Lunch
● Trip begins and ends with pick up/drop off in your hotel lobby in La Paz
● All trips staffed by bilingual naturalist guide with Wilderness First Responder certification.
● Transportation on this trip includes private vans and outboard watercraft.
● Upon receipt of payment, RED will request specific passenger information and will provide departure specific information and packing list.
Notes on itinerary
We make all efforts to adhere to the itinerary described above, but we may modify the itinerary due to wind, weather, and other factors. The safety and enjoyment of our travelers are our top priorities. Please see our terms and conditions for more information. We do not guarantee wildlife sightings, interaction or behavior. All travelers must comply with communicated protocols and regulations regarding activities within natural protected areas and interactions with wildlife.
Private departures available January through March.
- Round trip ground transportation for whale watching
- All meals and beverages as specified in itinerary
- Bilingual naturalist guide with WFR certification
- Double occupancy lodging in Magdalena Bay hotel
- 2 whale watching excursions
- All park entrance fees
- All taxes
- Airline flights and any transportation not described in the itinerary
- Any meals and activities not described in the itinerary
Reducing our footprint
RED’s zero-waste goal for trips to Espíritu Santo minimizes our environmental impact. Lunch and snacks are sourced from local providers focusing on fresh versus packaged. Recyclables are separated onsite and transferred to a processing facility and all organic waste is composted onsite.
RED designs its operational model to include local residents, whether as microenterprises, or directly as individuals, helping to diversify incomes and provide training and skills building through RED’s capacity building programs.
Traveling Roots – Raising awareness with local youth
We can’t appreciate what we haven’t experienced. RED provides scholarships to underserved local youth to visit RED’s sea turtle research camp and learn about the importance of protecting our natural treasures
What our clients say
The most amazing day!
We would definitely do this again and highly recommend Red Travel Mexico. Overall, a once in a lifetime experience!
What a cheerful, energetic, committed group!”
Red managed to exceed our high expectations. Red will let you experience all this part of Mexico has to offer through the eyes of local specialists