Day 1 – La Paz to Magdalena Bay
Depart from La Paz early in the morning en route to Magdalena Bay, jewel of the Pacific and home to a staggering number of migratory and marine birds, sea turtles, and marine mammals including the migratory gray whales. Enjoy lunch before heading out to see the gray whales that come here to mate and calve before returning to Bering Sea. Afterwards, you’ll arrive at RED’s Gray Whale Camp nestled into the natural surroundings. Enjoy the star filled night and get a good night’s rest. L/D
Day 2 – Gray whale watching and exploration of Magdalena BayAfter a hot breakfast make your way out onto the bay in search for gray whales. Along the way your naturalist guide will brief you on the incredible migration the gray whales make each year from the Bering Sea down to the protected bays along Mexico’s Pacific coast. February through March is peak whale observation season, and if you are lucky you will have the chance to experience a close-up encounter with these gentle giants. When not out observing gray whales, pop into the kitchen to learn about regional cuisine, or relax and get lost in a book. After dinner, enjoy the stars in a night sky that never disappoints. B/L/D
Day 3 – Gray Whales to La PazIn the morning wake up to take in the spectacular sunrise one more time. After breakfast we will bid farewell to our hosts and head out in the search for whales. Make sure your camera is handy to capture images of these magnificent giants. After a picnic lunch on a secluded barrier island, we start back for La Paz where the journey concludes. B/L
● Trip begins and ends with pick up/drop off in your hotel lobby
● All trips staffed by bilingual naturalist guide with Wilderness First Responder certification.
● Transportation on this trip includes private vans and outboard watercraft.
● Sit on top kayaks are available for use in camp under guide’s supervision
● Upon receipt of payment, RED will request specific passenger information and will provide departure specific information and packing list.
● Private itineraries available; enquire for Outdoor Team Building, Board and Corporate retreats.
Notes on itineraryWe make all efforts to adhere to the itinerary described above, but we may modify the itinerary due to wind, weather, and other factors. The safety and enjoyment of our travelers are our top priorities. Please see our terms and conditions for more information. We do not guarantee wildlife sightings, interaction or behavior. All travelers must comply with communicated protocols and regulations regarding activities within natural protected areas and interactions with wildlife
March 6-8 FULL
Don’t see dates you want? Inquire about availability, or check dates for our 4 day / 3 night itineraries.
- Round trip ground transportation between RED camp and La Paz;
- All marine transport in Magdalena Bay;
- All meals and beverages in camp as specified in itinerary
- Bilingual naturalist guide with WFR certification
- Double occupancy lodging in RED tent camp
- 3 whale watching excursions; park entrance fee
- Double occupation lodging in whale camp
- All taxes
- airline flights and any transportation not described in the itinerary
- Ameals not describe in the itinerary
Reducing our footprint
RED’s zero-waste goal for trips to Espíritu Santo minimizes our environmental impact. Lunch and snacks are sourced from local providers focusing on fresh versus packaged. Recyclables are separated onsite and transferred to a processing facility and all organic waste is composted onsite.
RED designs its operational model to include local residents, whether as microenterprises, or directly as individuals, helping to diversify incomes and provide training and skills building through RED’s capacity building programs.
Traveling Roots – Raising awareness with local youth
We can’t appreciate what we haven’t experienced. RED provides scholarships to underserved local youth to visit RED’s sea turtle research camp and learn about the importance of protecting our natural treasures
What our clients say
The most amazing day!
We would definitely do this again and highly recommend Red Travel Mexico. Overall, a once in a lifetime experience!
What a cheerful, energetic, committed group!”
Red managed to exceed our high expectations. Red will let you experience all this part of Mexico has to offer through the eyes of local specialists